Social News XYZ     

Rajasthan: Threat to blow up CM office, accused arrested after search

Rajasthan: Threat to blow up CM office, accused arrested after search

Jaipur, Aug 18 (SocialNews.XYZ) Panic gripped Jaipur on Tuesday after a threatening call claimed that a bomb had been planted at the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO). The call was received at the Jaipur Control Room, prompting police and security agencies to launch an extensive search operation.

DCP (South) Rajarshi Raj reached the spot to assess the situation. Teams from the police, dog squad, Anti‑Terrorist Squad (ATS) and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) were deployed at the CMO. Officials said the building was thoroughly searched for around four and a half hours, but no suspicious object was found.

 

Meanwhile, Vidhayakpuri police traced the phone number used to make the threat and arrested the accused, identified as 38‑year‑old Lala Kothyari, a resident of Sawai Madhopur.

According to preliminary information, the accused allegedly made the threatening call while under the influence of intoxicants. Police said he is being interrogated to determine the exact motive and circumstances behind the call.

The search operation inside the CMO began around 10:30 am, following receipt of the threat. Security personnel thoroughly checked different sections of the building as a precautionary measure.

Officials recalled that this was not the first time the Rajasthan Chief Minister’s Office had received a bomb threat. On July 26, 2025, a threat was received to blow up both the CMO and Jaipur International Airport. Security agencies carried out searches at both locations, but no suspicious object was found.

Bomb threats have also repeatedly targeted the Rajasthan High Court. On July 13, 2026, the High Court administration received an email claiming six gelatin bombs had been planted, though the message stated there was no intention to harm the public.

Officials said the Jaipur Bench of the High Court had received 13 threats over eight months, including on October 31, 2025, and subsequently on December 5, 8, 9, 10 and 11. In 2026, similar threats were reported on February 6, 17, 19 and 20, followed by March 17 and April 13.

On June 16, 2025, The Palace School at Jaleb Chowk in Jaipur received a bomb threat by email. The message was noticed the following day as the school was closed when it arrived. The administration informed police, who conducted searches.

Earlier, on August 19, 2024, bomb threats were issued against Delhi Public School and Pink Square Mall in Adarsh Nagar on the same day. Security teams searched both locations for several hours, but no explosive device was found.

On June 19, 2024, Pareek School in Chandpole received an email threatening a blast. Teams from the Bomb Disposal Squad, ATS and Special Operations Group (SOG) reached the location and conducted searches.

On May 13, 2024, the anniversary of the Jaipur serial blasts, threats were issued against 56 schools under the Jaipur Commissionerate. School principals reportedly received emails claiming bombs had been planted inside their buildings.

Officials said repeated threats have prompted security agencies to maintain heightened vigilance around government offices, educational institutions and other sensitive locations across Jaipur.

Source: IANS

Facebook Comments
Rajasthan: Threat to blow up CM office, accused arrested after search

About Gopi

Gopi Adusumilli is a Programmer. He is the editor of SocialNews.XYZ and President of AGK Fire Inc.

He enjoys designing websites, developing mobile applications and publishing news articles on current events from various authenticated news sources.

When it comes to writing he likes to write about current world politics and Indian Movies. His future plans include developing SocialNews.XYZ into a News website that has no bias or judgment towards any.

He can be reached at gopi@socialnews.xyz