Social News XYZ     

‘Thinking Pakistan will send terrorist to India for trail is imaginary proposition’: Manish Tewari

'Thinking Pakistan will send terrorist to India for trail is imaginary proposition': Manish Tewari

New Delhi, Aug 23 (SocialNews.XYZ) Congress MP Manish Tewari on Sunday said the thought that Pakistan will send a terrorist to India for a trial is an "imaginary proposition", while adding that even in the aftermath of the 26/11 attack, the rogue nation did not take any action against the perpetrators even after admitting that its people were involved in the terror attack.

His remark came amid reports that India is set to summon the mastermind of the Pahalgam terror attack and Pakistan-based terrorist, Hafiz Saeed, via diplomatic channels.

 

Last month, a Jammu court issued a non-bailable warrant against the UN-designated terrorist on the application filed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA), saying that arrest and custodial interrogation of the accused was necessary.

Speaking to IANS, Manish Tewari said: "In the Pahalgam terror attack, people were identified on the basis of religion and killed in front of their families. In response, India had attacked terrorist bases in Pakistan, and its main objective was to destroy the network of terrorism and terrorist organisations there."

He said the only treatment of Pakistan-sponsored terrorism is to respond strongly, while the legal proceedings will take their own course.

"After Pakistan admitted that its people were involved in the 26/11 terrorist attack, the action that had started in that country did not reach any conclusion. So, to expect that Pakistan will send a terrorist to India, or that it will take legal action against him, is simply an imaginary proposition," he added.

The warrant against Hafiz Saeed was issued after the NIA named him as the mastermind in a supplementary chargesheet filed this month.

The special court in its order had said that in the matter of Application U/s 75 of BNSS for issuance of a non-bailable warrant against accused Hafiz Saeed: "The instant application has been presented before this court by AIO NIA Inspector Arun Sharma for issuance of non-bailable warrant U/s 75 of BNSS against absconding accused Hafiz Muhammad Saeed alias Hafiz Muhammad Sahib alias Hafiz Mohaddad Sayid alias Hafiz Mohammad alias Hafiz Saeed alias Hafez Mohammad Saeed alias Hafiz Mohammad Sayeed alias Mohammad Sayed alias Muhammad Saeed (A-8) involved in case RC No.02/2025/NIA/JMU whose supplementary chargesheet has been filed in the court."

Twenty-six people were killed in Jammu and Kashmir's Pahalgam on April 22, 2025. The NIA filed the first chargesheet in December 2025.

Source: IANS

Facebook Comments
'Thinking Pakistan will send terrorist to India for trail is imaginary proposition': Manish Tewari

About Gopi

Gopi Adusumilli is a Programmer. He is the editor of SocialNews.XYZ and President of AGK Fire Inc.

He enjoys designing websites, developing mobile applications and publishing news articles on current events from various authenticated news sources.

When it comes to writing he likes to write about current world politics and Indian Movies. His future plans include developing SocialNews.XYZ into a News website that has no bias or judgment towards any.

He can be reached at gopi@socialnews.xyz