New Delhi, Aug 21 (SocialNews.XYZ) One person died and three people were left injured on Friday after a two-storey building collapsed while being demolished in Delhi's Karol Bagh area, officials said.
As per preliminary enquiry, the building was being demolished by a private contractor engaged by the owners.
Officials said that no permission for demolition had been obtained from the concerned agency.
The building had suddenly collapsed during the demolition work, trapping labourers working at the site.
According to officials, the incident was reported at Karol Bagh Police Station at around 11:15 a.m. from Pyare Lal Road at Regarpura in Karol Bagh.
Upon receiving the information, police staff immediately reached the spot and initiated rescue efforts.
Police said that four labourers were injured in the incident. One of them, Sheikh Shamshad, succumbed to his injuries. His body has been shifted to the mortuary at Lady Hardinge Medical College Hospital.
Among the other three injured workers, Md. Ayub sustained serious injuries, including a head injury and fracture of the right hand. He was referred to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and his condition is said to be critical.
While Sheikh Saidul sustained limb injuries and is undergoing treatment at Jeevan Mala Hospital, Rafik-Ul had sustained minor injuries and subsequently left for his residence.
Police, along with fire services, carried out rescue operations and ensured that the injured persons were shifted to hospital for treatment.
The building owners and the contractor have been detained for enquiry.
Further legal action under appropriate provisions is being initiated after verification of facts and assessment of the circumstances leading to the collapse.
In a similar incident reported last month, at least three people died after an under-construction building collapsed in Delhi's Rohini Sector-16, while one person was injured, according to the Delhi Fire Services.
The incident occurred following heavy rainfall in the national capital.
During the rescue operation, 42-year-old Ram Kishore was pulled out from beneath the debris and rushed to a hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Another labourer, Ravi, 35, a POP worker, was rescued safely.
The building owner, Ram Dua, was suspected to be trapped under the rubble, while a few labourers are also feared to be trapped inside the collapsed structure.
The Delhi Police have registered a case against the building owner.
Source: IANS
About Gopi
Gopi Adusumilli is a Programmer. He is the editor of SocialNews.XYZ and President of AGK Fire Inc.
He enjoys designing websites, developing mobile applications and publishing news articles on current events from various authenticated news sources.
When it comes to writing he likes to write about current world politics and Indian Movies. His future plans include developing SocialNews.XYZ into a News website that has no bias or judgment towards any.
He can be reached at gopi@socialnews.xyz
