Kolkata, Aug 20 (SocialNews.XYZ) Two persons have been killed and 3,200 houses have been damaged so far in the devastating flood at Sabang in West Midnapore district of West Bengal, Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari told on Thursday.
The Chief Minister made an aural review of the flood situation at Sabang in the afternoon and thereafter had an administrative review meeting at the local block development office with the district officials and all the MLAs and Ministers from the district.
Thereafter, CM Adhikari spoke to the media persons and told about the number of human death and houses damaged so far.
"Two persons have died so far and 3,200 houses have been damaged. Each affected family whose house had been damaged will be provided with a compensation of Rs 30,000 by the state government," the Chief Minister said.
According to CM Adhikari, besides the compensation for those houses damaged in the flood, the state government will also stand by the farmers whose crops were damaged because of the flood.
"The farmers who are covered under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana will get the opportunity to get compensation. However, the state government will have to work out a strategy for providing compensation for the affected mat-stick makers by any insurance scheme," the Chief Minister added.
He also claimed that during his interaction with the local flood-affected people, many told him that any Chief Minister had physically visited the flood affected areas for the first time after 1986.
"The previous (Trinamool Congress-led state) government did not consider the people of this area as human beings. I have a human connection with them. That is why I came here. My life begins with rural Bengal and will also end with rural Bengal," the Chief Minister said.
He also added that the state administration is also keeping a close watch on the situation in Arambagh in Hooghly district.
"Although, there is not any flood-like situation in Arambagh as yet, things might worsen if Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) releases fresh water from their dams. I have asked the Hooghly district administration to remain alert," the Chief Minister said.
Source: IANS
About Gopi
Gopi Adusumilli is a Programmer. He is the editor of SocialNews.XYZ and President of AGK Fire Inc.
He enjoys designing websites, developing mobile applications and publishing news articles on current events from various authenticated news sources.
When it comes to writing he likes to write about current world politics and Indian Movies. His future plans include developing SocialNews.XYZ into a News website that has no bias or judgment towards any.
He can be reached at gopi@socialnews.xyz
