Social News XYZ     

UP: Five-yr-old boy swallows magnet while playing

UP: Five-yr-old boy swallows magnet while playing

Lucknow, Jan 8 (SocialNews.XYZ) A five-year-old boy, son of a Bharatiya Janata Party leader, accidentally swallowed a magnet while playing.

The boy, Partha Sarthi, son of UP BJP general secretary Amarpal Maurya, was rushed to the Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences (RMLIMS) from where he was discharged after treatment.


"Around 8 p.m. on Saturday, my son accidentally swallowed a small piece of magnet while playing with it. Soon after, he started having trouble breathing and when we inquired about his well-being, he pointed to the packet of sweets where we found the other piece of magnet," said Maurya.

"We have conducted the x-ray and found an inch long magnet in the boy's stomach. There is no need for any surgery as the magnet will exit from the body through stool," said Dr Vikram Singh, medical superintendent, RMLIMS.

He said, "Treatment will be required if the boy complains of pain. We will again conduct an X-ray to review his condition."

Source: IANS

Facebook Comments
UP: Five-yr-old boy swallows magnet while playing

About Gopi

Gopi Adusumilli is a Programmer. He is the editor of SocialNews.XYZ and President of AGK Fire Inc.

He enjoys designing websites, developing mobile applications and publishing news articles on current events from various authenticated news sources.

When it comes to writing he likes to write about current world politics and Indian Movies. His future plans include developing SocialNews.XYZ into a News website that has no bias or judgment towards any.

He can be reached at

%d bloggers like this: