The government of India has released the Unlock3 Guidelines. Here is a summary of the guidelines.
Salient features of the new guidelines
- Restrictions on the movement of individuals during the night (Night curfew) have been removed.
- Yoga institutes and gymnasiums will be allowed to open from August 5, 2020. In this regard, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) for ensuring social distancing and to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Independence Day functions will be allowed with social distancing and by following other health protocols, e.g., wearing of masks, etc. In this regard instructions issued by MHA on 21.07.2020 shall be followed.
- After extensive consultation with States and UTs, it has been decided that schools, colleges, and coaching institutions will remain closed till August 31, 2020.
- International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission. Further opening-up will take place in a calibrated manner.
- All activities, except the following, shall be permitted outside containment zones: to Metro Rail. (ii) Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, and similar places. (iii) Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations. Dates for the opening of these will be decided separately, based on the assessment of the situation.
- Lockdown shall continue to be implemented strictly in the Containment Zones till 31 August 2020. Containment Zones are required to be carefully demarcated by the State/ UT Governments with a view to containing the spread of COVID-19, after taking into consideration the guidelines issued by MOHFW. Within the containment zones, strict perimeter control shall be maintained and only essential activities allowed.
- These Containment Zones will be notified on the websites of the respective District Collectors and by the States/ UTs and information will also be shared with MOHFW.
- Activities in the Containment Zones shall be monitored strictly by State and UT authorities, and the guidelines relating to containment measures in these zones shall be strictly implemented.
- MOHFW will monitor the proper delineation of Containment Zones and the implementation of the containment measures. States to decide on activities outside Containment Zones