Categories: International

Iran rejects UAE’s missile launch claim

Iran rejects UAE's missile launch claim

Tehran, Aug 19 (SocialNews.XYZ) Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei on Wednesday rejected the United Arab Emirates' claim that Iran had launched a missile toward the country.

The denial came after the UAE said on Tuesday that it had detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran earlier that day.

 

Baghaei expressed regret over the accusation against Iran, saying the UAE's move runs counter to the principle of good neighbourliness and undermines ongoing efforts to build trust among regional countries and prevent the intensification of insecurity in West Asia.

He called on all regional countries to refrain from leveling "baseless" accusations against Iran given the "existing complications owing to the continued malicious acts by the United States and Israel against peace and security in the region, especially the history of numerous false-flag operations."

The UAE's Ministry of Defence said Tuesday that the first missile fell outside the country's territorial waters, while the second fell within them, Xinhua news agency reported. It said the country remained on high alert and fully prepared to deal with any threats and confront anything that could undermine its security, sovereignty and stability.

It mentioned that the missiles were targeting maritime traffic and, so far, no casualties or damage have been reported in connection with the missiles.

In a statement posted on social media platform X early Wednesday, the UAE's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the country has suspended all trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions with Iran until further notice.

Afra Al Hameli, Director of the ministry's strategic communications department, said the decision came amid escalating tensions that undermine regional and international peace and security.

The statement reiterated the UAE's commitment to dialogue, cooperation and regional integration as essential means of advancing peace, stability and prosperity in the region.

Source: IANS

Facebook Comments

About Gopi

Gopi Adusumilli is a Programmer. He is the editor of SocialNews.XYZ and President of AGK Fire Inc.

He enjoys designing websites, developing mobile applications and publishing news articles on current events from various authenticated news sources.

When it comes to writing he likes to write about current world politics and Indian Movies. His future plans include developing SocialNews.XYZ into a News website that has no bias or judgment towards any.

He can be reached at gopi@socialnews.xyz

Share